Welcome to Wealthy Affiliate Review 2022!
The internet nowadays offers many ‘making money online opportunities’ to anyone who has access to it. Thank you for taking time to do your research before buying into any program/product online – this is the best way to avoid scam.
This review will reveal if the program is legit or a scam. More importantly, you will learn how Wealthy Affiliate works before making an informed decision whether this is the right affiliate program for you.
Let me uncover all you need to know about Wealthy Affiliate in this review. More importantly, I will share with you my own experience and insights about the program and how it can help you to gain more freedom and independence.
Wealthy Affiliate (WA) Review Summary
Product Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Product Type: Online entrepreneurship and Affiliate Marketing training community
Founder: Kyle Loudon & Carson Lim
Pricing Plan options:
- Starter Member: Free
- Premium Member: $19 for the first month, $49 for subsequent months or $495 paid yearly.
Wealthy Affiliate is an established online all-inclusive business platform that continue to evolve and innovate with the affiliate marketing industry. It’s designed for anyone interested to start an online business in affiliate marketing. The program equips you with all the essential features that include education, website, web hosting, keyword research and community support to help you succeed and thrive.
In addition to the vast and in-depth resources, the weekly live training sessions, live chat, supports and the helpful members caring community are all here to support and keep you abreast with the latest development in the affiliate marketing industry.
I discovered the value that I derived from the program was much more than the price I paid for. To date, I still considered this is one of the best decision I ever made for my online business.
Recommendation: Yes, for both beginners and experienced affiliate marketers.
What’s Wealthy Affiliate all about?
Wealthy Affiliate is an online entrepreneurship community and affiliate marketing training platform with over 1.5 million members as of this writing. WA was created by Kyle and Carson in 2005 as an initiative to help others to succeed by replicating their own success in affilate marketing business.
Since then, this platform has continued to evolve and innovate at a pace faster than the affiliate marketing industry. By joining and grow with the community, you can expect a brighter day is always ahead.
How does Wealthy Affiliate works?
The Wealthy Affiliate is an online business and training platform. It’s important to understand how the program works and if it align with your requirements before taking the next step. This is a platform designed for:
- Anyone wanted to start their online business in affiliate marketing.
- Business owners who want to gain more visibility and make more sales.
- Students, stay-at-home moms/dads retiree or anyone looking to earn extra income working part-time.
Learning how Wealthy Affiliate works starts with joining as a Starter Member (free, no expiry to the membership). As a Starter Member, you will have access to the followings.
- Online Entrepreneurship Certification (OEC) Level 1 (step-by-step training lesson).
- Personal Affiliate Blog.
- Live chat/help (for the first 7 days).
- One-on-one coaching (for the first 7 days).
- 2 websites on SiteRubix platform.
- Keyword Research Tool, Jaaxy (30 searches/day).
- 2 Training Classrooms.
- Join the caring community.
With the above, you can set up your niche website from day one. The Starter Member is an opportunity for you to explore all the benefits and features within the Wealthy Affiliate site, all at no cost to you.
If you want to gain the best experience with your online customers or benefit from the full knowledge base & support from Wealthy Affiliate, you need to join as a Premium Member.
How do I make money with Wealthy Affiliate?
You can approach making money via the Wealthy Affiliate platform in two ways.
1. Build and grow your niche website using the training programs and earn affiliate commissions from third-party affiliate programs (such as Amazon, ClickBank etc.,).
2. Promotion of Wealthy Affilite program and earn commissions from the program.
The first approach involves selection of a niche, build the niche website and monetise from it.
The second approach is to be familarise with the Wealthy Affiliate program itself, build a website and earn a commission everytime when a new member join the program using your affiliate link. It’s important for you to guide the new members to succeed in their chosen approach.
Both the approaches to making money are viable with proven success track records.
The Online Entrepreneurship Certification (OEC) (total 50 lessons) covers the process of creating and growing a business within absolutely any niche whereas the Affiliate Bootcamp (total 70 lessons) walks you through the process of creating and growing a niche related to the promotion of Wealthy Affiliate. The full access to these two training programs are only available to Premium Members.
What’s inside Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate is an all-inclusive (training, courses, website, web hosting, keyword research and community support) program.
At a glance, these are what Wealthy Affiliate offers you:
- Structured, step-by-step Training Programs (video, tutorial and classroom training) that guide you through setting up your niche website from scratch and build a solid foundation for your affiliate marketing business.
- All-in-one platform with all the Essential Tools (e.g. keyword research tool, website builder and web hosting) you need for your affiliate marketing business.
- A comprehensive Support System offers you 24/7 assistance or advice.
- A caring and helpful community of members who are always willing to help.
- Access to experienced industry experts with years of experience in the affiliate marketing industry.
- Networki with more than 1.5+ million of elite affiliate marketers and like-minded people.
The Wealthy Affiliate all-inclusive platform allows you to start building your affiliate marketing business from day one when you join as a Starter Member.
The only thing expected of you is to learn, take massive actions and work continuously towards your goals. Even if you have only a few hours per week to work on your business, you will eventually find success just like many of our members who have gone through the same path because Wealthy Affiliate had the proven blueprint for success since 2005.
Training, Tools and Support
There are 4 main types of training:
A. Structured, easy-to-follow, step-by-step formal Training Lessons from Kyle and Carson
- These are the official training sessions organised in a manner that takes you from scratch to the expert level.
- Beginners of affiliate marketing are advised to follow the lesson in sequence and go through the assignment at the end of each session to better understand and apply the concepts learned.
- Lessons are comprising video and articles for you to learn and practice at your own pace.
There are two formal training programs, namely:
- The Online Entrepreneur Certification (OEC) consists of a 5 Levels (50 lessons) of training program that walks you through the process of creating and growing a business within absolutely any niche.
The Level 1 of this OEC Training covers the following topics.
1. Getting Rolling!
2. Understanding How To Make Money Online
3. Choose a Niche
4. Building your OWN Niche Website
5. Setting Up Your Website
6. Getting Your Site Ready For Search Engines
7. Creating Your Initial Website Contents
8. Creating Custom Menus On Your Website
9. Understanding Keywords. The Start of Your Contents
10. Congratulations and Your Next Step
This training is immediately available to you for FREE when you sign up as a Starter Member (at no cost, no risk, and no obligation).
- The Affiliate Bootcamp (AB) consists of a 7 phase (70 lessons) training program that walks you through the process of creating and growing a business in a niche related to the promotion of Wealthy Affiliate.
B. Weekly Live Training (webinar) conducted by Jay, the WA Chief Trainer
- Allows you to engage and communicate directly with the trainer within the lesson and get help with any questions.
- You have the full access to all the past webinar sessions.
- The webinar supplements the Structured Training by covering topics not included in the Structured Training Lessons.
- Some of the topics include The Fundamentals of WordPress, Strategies to Build Trust, Advertising on YouTube, etc.,
C. Classroom Training from Wealthy Affiliat Instant
Instant access into the 13 Classrooms where you can find many videos and written tutorials in specific areas such as:
- Video Marketing
- Getting Started
- WA Affiliate Program
- Social Engagement & Marketing
- Aauthoring & Writing Content
- Local Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation
- The Wealthy Affiliate Platform
- Everything WordPress
- Website Development & Programming
- Pay Per Click Marketing
- Keyword, Niche and Market Research
- Email Marketing
D. Training generated by the Wealthy Affiliate Members and Community
- Members are allowed to create their training sessions to share their valuable experience.
- Wealthy Affiliate will offer you credits depending on the level of engagement and popularity of your training sessions.
These are the essential tools provided by Wealthy Affiliate:
- Website Builder.
- Web Hosting.
- Website Domain Registration.
- Advance Keyword Research Tool (Jaaxy).
- Website Comments and Feedback platform.
- Site Support.
- Customised Business Email Address.
Other than your domains, all the above tools are provided for.
The full list of support options available inside Wealthy Affiliate is:
- 24/7 Site Support – To help you to resolve website problems.
- 24/7 Live Chat – Live help and getting a quick answer.
- Ask a Question – Submit a ”support ticket” to the WA Community for advice on any topic.
- Private Message – request help from other WA members within the WA community.
- Access to Owners – private message to Kyle and Carson for assistance.
- Support from me – I’m glad to be of your help on your success journey in Wealthy Affiliate.
The essential features you need to succeed
Wealthy Affiliate is an all-in-one platform equips you with the following essential features and supports you need to become a successful affiliate marketer.
Education – Structured, step-by-step training programs that guide you from day one to create long-term, profitable and sustainable online business.
Expert Supports – Getting regular expert coaching and technical support 24/7.
Website – Create your niche website on a solid foundation with the easy to use, fully customisable website creation tool.
Web Hosting – Fast, secure and reliable state-of-the-art web hosting allows you to concentrate on your business fully.
Keyword Research Tool – The most advanced and useful platform for managing all aspects of keyword, website, competition and market research developed by affiliate marketers for affiliate marketers.
Community Support and Networking – Getting all the help when you need from the multiple groups within the caring Community and network with more than 1,5000,000+ members.
How to navigate the Wealthy Affiliate platform?
You may use the following simplified steps as a guide to navigate the Wealthy Affiliate platform and start building your affiliate marketing business.
1. Sign up as a Starter Member (free, with no expiry trial period).
2. Write a short biography (one line is sufficient) to introduce yourself to the Wealthy Affiliate Community.
3. Upload a photo (of yourself or any other image) as your identity within the WA Community. You may change it at any time.
4. Set some ‘money’ goals. This step will motivate yourself and naturally lead to more commitment to achieving more.
5. Go to the Training HQ to begin your structured, step-by-step formal Online Entrepreneur Certification (OEC) Level 1.
6. Start building your niche website using the knowledge gained from the OEC Level 1 training.
7. Continue to build your expertise around your chosen niche area and keep abreast of the latest development in the affiliate marketing industry.
8. When you are ready, consider taking up the Premium Membership to take full advantage of the Wealthy Affiliate platform to bring your business to the next level.
What I like about Wealthy Affiliate?
#1 – affordable and cost-effective
The subscription for Premium Members at $49/ month or $495 paid yearly is very affordable considering the full access to all training, tools and support (website, web hosting and keyword research) given.
If you check what is available in the marketplace currently, the price for website, web hosting and keyword research tool can easily add up to more than $60/ month. Moreover, if you are paying a yearly subscription, it costs you about $41/month or only about $1.35 per day!
#2 – All-in-one platform with incredible tools and support
This all-in-one business platform provides you with all the essential tools you need as an affiliate marketer:
- Website Builder – with over 2,000 website design (or ”Themes”) to choose from for Premium Members.
- Web Hosting – fast, secure and reliable state-of-the-art web hosting.
- Jaaxy – the advanced keyword research tool: a tool developed by affiliate marketer for affiliate marketers.
- 24/7 Support – technical and caring community support.
As a Premium Member, you do not need to rely on any other third-party tools or to incur any additional costs.
#3 – Efficient support system
The Wealthy Affiliate Support System is on standby to assist you 24/7 to solve your technical problems.
#4 – Skills are transferable to other niches
At Wealthy Affiliate, you are trained to build websites around your chosen niche area. The skills you learn in one niche area are applicable to all other niches.
#5 – Caring and supporting community (the Awesome Community)
You can interact with thousands of like-minded people to discuss problems encountered in your affiliate marketing business, to support and motivate each other to achieve greater success – a truly caring community you seldom find elsewhere.
What I don’t like about Wealthy Affiliate?
#1 – Require investment of time and effort
Wealthy Affiliate focuses on ”organic (free) traffic” from search engines such as Google. Therefore, it will take much longer as compared to the ”paid traffic”. However, the biggest advantage is that the traffic is free once you have invested your time and effort to build your business.
#2 – Program is more tailor to beginners
Although Wealthy Affiliate is more tailored to helping beginners to set up their affiliate marketing business, the more experienced affiliate marketers also benefit from the advanced training.
Furthermore, there are also opportunities to interact and collaborate with other members to bring their business to the next higher level.
#3 – Advice from inexperienced members are not so helpful
Sometimes, inexperienced members may provide advice that is not so helpful to your queries. It’s important that we do our due diligence and take the advice as reference only.
#4 – Live Chat feature can be a great distraction and time-waster
You need to be careful while spending time in the Live Chat to benefit from it and do not let it become a time-waster.
#5 – Information overload
Some beginners may find that there is too much information available and might get overwhelmed if they do not stay focus. The best way to avoid this is to follow the sequence of the formal training. Avoid venturing into the more advanced topics/ areas before completing the basic training.
Wealthy Affiliate Membership and Pricing Plan
Wealthy Affiliate comes with two types of membership, namely the Starter and Premium Member.
Starter Member: Free for life (with limited features)
Premium Member: $49/month or $495 paid yearly. Full access to all the training, tools and support.
Wealthy Affiliate offers a $299 yearly membership deal on its Black Friday Sales around the end of November for the last few years. However, this offer is only for Premium Members.
There is no guarantee this offer will continue. If you are a Premium Member, do lookout for this offer to lock in your subscription for the following year at $299.
Are there any additional costs?
These are some of the additional costs but they are optional.
1. Custom domain
You may want to consider getting your domain for your niche website that relates to your chosen niche.
Having your website as ”myniche.com” looks more professional and your website will rank better on the search engines. By default, your website will sit on the root domain from Wealthy Affiliate with your URL “myniche.siterubix.com”.
You can purchase a new domain around $15/ year and host it on Wealthy Affiliate’s platform. I strongly recommend this minimal investment if you are building your online business for the long-term.
2. Email Auto-responder
Many affiliates use the email auto-responder to build an email list. You may consider getting this tool after you have learned how to drive traffic (visitors) to your website.
The monthly subscription fees varies from $10 to $50 depending on the features and numbers of subscribers.
Wealthy Affiliate Refund Policy
There is no refund policy for Wealthy Affiliate. However, there is a ”freemium model” for you to try for free – the Starter Membership. All at no risk, no cost and no expiry date.
Once you have upgraded your membership to Premium Member, you can choose to cancel it at any time and there will be no further charges after the cancellation.
My advice is to get started with the risk-free Starter Membership to explore all the features and benefits of Wealthy Affiliate.
My final verdict of Wealthy Affiliate
These are the reasons why you should consider using the Wealthy Affiliate business platform:
- An established online business platform that continues to evolve and innovate with the affiliate marketing industry.
- It provides all the essential features: education, website, web hosting, keyword research and community support.
- Knowledge, skills and experience gained are transferable to all other niches.
- Efficient business support.
- Cost-effective and affordable.
- Caring, helpful and supportive community of members.
Final recommendation: Yes, for both beginners and experienced affiliate marketers.
This review was originally published on 12 July 2019 and updated on 01 Jan 2022.