Welcome to Wealthy Affiliate Review 2023!
Anyone with an internet connection nowadays has many making money online opportunities. Thank you for taking the time to conduct your homework before investing in any online program/product – this is the best way to prevent being scammed.
This review will determine whether the programme is legitimate or a fraud. More importantly, you will discover how Wealthy Affiliate works before deciding if it is the correct affiliate program.
In this review, I will reveal all you need about Wealthy Affiliate. I will also offer my own experience and insights on the program and how it might help you attain more freedom and independence.
Wealthy Affiliate (WA) Review Summary
Product Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Product Type: Online entrepreneurship and Affiliate Marketing training community
Founder: Kyle Loudon & Carson Lim
Pricing Plan options:
- Starter Member: Free
- Premium Member: $19 for the first month, $49 for subsequent months or $495 paid yearly.
- Premium Plus+ Member: $99/month
Members: More than 2 million (as of this writing).
Wealthy Affiliate is a well-established online all-in-one business platform that evolves and innovates alongside the affiliate marketing industry. It is intended for anyone who wants to build an affiliate marketing company online. The program provides the necessary elements, such as education, a website, web hosting, keyword research, and community support.
In addition to the extensive and detailed resources, the weekly live training sessions, live chat, support, and the helpful members’ caring community are here to help keep you up to date on the latest developments in the affiliate marketing business.
I discovered that the program provided far more value than I paid. To this day, I believe this to be one of the finest decisions I’ve ever made for my online business.
Here is the answer why Wealthy Affiliate is my Top Recommended Program.
Recommendation: Yes, for both beginners and experienced affiliate marketers.
What’s Wealthy Affiliate all about?
As of this writing, WA has over 2 million members and is an online business community and affiliate marketing training platform. Kyle and Carson founded WA in 2005 to assist people to succeed by replicating their success in the affiliate marketing business.
Since then, this platform has evolved and innovated at a rate that has outpaced the affiliate marketing industry. You may always expect a brighter day if you join and grow with the community.
How does Wealthy Affiliate works?
WA is a business and training platform that operates online. Before you proceed further, it is critical to understand how the program operates and whether it meets your needs. This WA platform is for those who:
- Those who want to establish an affiliate marketing business online.
- Business owners that wish to increase their exposure and revenues.
- Students, stay-at-home moms/dads, retirees, or anybody wishing to supplement their income can work part-time.
Joining as a Starter Member is the first step in learning how WA works (free, with no expiry to the membership). You will get access to the following as a Starter Member.
- Online Entrepreneurship Certification (OEC) Level 1 (step-by-step training lesson).
- Personal Affiliate Blog.
- Live chat/help (for the first 7 days).
- One-on-one coaching (for the first 7 days).
- 2 websites on SiteRubix platform.
- Keyword Research Tool, Jaaxy (30 searches/day).
- 2 Training Classrooms.
- Join the caring community.
You can start building your niche website immediately with the information provided above. The Starter Membership allows you to experience all of the benefits and features available on the WA website for free.
Create my free Starter Membership
If you want the best experience with your online customers or benefit from WA’s extensive knowledge base and assistance, you must enroll as a Premium Member.
How do you make money with Wealthy Affiliate?
There are two approaches to making money on the WA platform.
1. Use the training packages to build and expand your niche website while earning affiliate commissions from third-party affiliate networks (such as Amazon, ClickBank etc.,).
This first approach involves the selection of a niche, building the niche website and monetising from it.
2. Promote the WA programme and earn commissions from it.
The second approach is to become acquainted with the WA program, create a website, and earn a commission each time a new member joins the program using your affiliate link. You must guide the new members to succeed in their chosen method.
Both approaches to making money are feasible and have a track record of success.
The Online Entrepreneurship Certification (OEC) (50 courses) covers the process of starting and building a business in any niche, whilst the Affiliate Bootcamp (70 lessons) leads you through the process of creating and growing a niche linked to WA promotion. Only Premium Members get full access to these two training modules.
What’s inside Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate is a comprehensive program that offers training, courses, websites, hosting, keyword research, and community support.
These are the things Wealthy Affiliate provides you with at a glance:
- Structured, step-by-step Training Programs (video, tutorial and classroom training) that guide you through setting up your niche website from scratch and build a solid foundation for your affiliate marketing business.
- All the Essential Tools (e.g. keyword research tool, website builder and web hosting) you need for your affiliate marketing business.
- A comprehensive Support System offers you 24/7 assistance or advice.
- A caring and helpful community of members who are always willing to help.
- Access to experienced industry experts with years of experience in the affiliate marketing industry.
- Networking with more than 2+ million of elite affiliate marketers and like-minded people.
When you sign up as a Starter Member on the WA all-inclusive platform, you can begin developing your affiliate marketing business immediately.
Get your free Test Drive here: Get Started (100% risk-free. No credit card required. Start free)
You must learn, act decisively, and work relentlessly toward your objectives. You will eventually succeed, just like many of our members who have travelled the same path, even if you can only devote a small amount of time each week to working on your business because Wealthy Affiliate has had a proven blueprint for success since 2005.
Training, Tools and Support
There are 4 main types of training:
A. Structured, easy-to-follow, step-by-step formal Training Lessons from Kyle and Carson
- These are the official training sessions organised in a manner that takes you from scratch to the expert level.
- Beginners of affiliate marketing are advised to follow the lesson in sequence and go through the assignment at the end of each session to understand better and apply the concepts learned.
- Lessons comprise videos and articles to learn and practice at your own pace.
There are two formal training programs, namely:
- The Online Entrepreneur Certification (OEC) consists of a 5 Levels (50 lessons) training program that walks you through creating and growing a business within any niche.
The Level 1 of this OEC Training covers the following topics.
1. Getting Rolling!
2. Understanding How To Make Money Online
3. Choose a Niche
4. Building your OWN Niche Website
5. Setting Up Your Website
6. Getting Your Site Ready For Search Engines
7. Creating Your Initial Website Contents
8. Creating Custom Menus On Your Website
9. Understanding Keywords. The Start of Your Contents
10. Congratulations and Your Next Step
This training is immediately available to you for FREE when you sign up as a Starter Member (at no cost, no risk, and no obligation).JOIN AS A STARTER MEMBER
- The Affiliate Bootcamp (AB) consists of a 7-phase (70 lessons) training program that walks you through the process of creating and growing a business in a niche related to the promotion of the Wealthy Affiliate program.
B. Weekly Live Training (webinar) conducted by Jay, the WA Chief Trainer
- Allows you to engage and communicate directly with the trainer within the lesson and get help with any questions.
- You have full access to all the past webinar sessions.
- The webinar supplements the Structured Training by covering topics not included in the Structured Training Lessons.
- Some of the topics include The Fundamentals of WordPress, Strategies to Build Trust, Advertising on YouTube, etc.,
C. Classroom Training from Wealthy Affiliat Instant
Instant access into the 13 Classrooms where you can find many videos and written tutorials in specific areas such as:
- Authoring & Writing content
- Getting Started
- Website Development & Programming
- Pay Per Click Marketing
- WA Affiliate Program
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Social Engagement & Marketing
- Keyword, Niche & Market Research
- Everything WordPress
- Email Marketing
- Local Marketing
- The Wealthy Affiliate Platform
- Video Marketing
D. Training generated by the Wealthy Affiliate Members and Community
- Members are allowed to create their training sessions to share their valuable experiences.
- Wealthy Affiliate will offer you credits depending on the level of engagement and popularity of your training sessions.
These are the essential tools provided by Wealthy Affiliate:
- Website Builder.
- Web Hosting.
- Website Domain Registration.
- Advance Keyword Research Tool, Jaaxy.
- Website Comments and Feedback platform.
- Site Support.
- Customised Business Email Address.
Other than your domains, all the above tools are provided.
The complete list of support options available inside Wealthy Affiliate is as follows:
- 24/7 Site Support – To help you to resolve website problems.
- 24/7 Live Chat – Live help and getting a quick answer.
- Ask a Question – Submit a ”support ticket” to the WA Community for advice on any topic.
- Private Message – Request help from other WA members within the WA community.
- Access to Owners – Private message to Kyle and Carson for assistance.
- Support from me – I’m glad to be of your help on your success journey in Wealthy Affiliate.
The essential features you need to succeed
Wealthy Affiliate is an all-in-one platform that equips you with the following essential features and supports you need to become a successful affiliate marketer.
Education – Structured, step-by-step training programs that guide you from day one to create a long-term, profitable and sustainable online business.
Expert Supports – Getting regular expert coaching and technical support 24/7.
Website – Create your niche website on a solid foundation with the easy-to-use, fully customisable website creation tool.
Web Hosting – Fast, secure and reliable state-of-the-art web hosting allows you to concentrate on your business entirely.
Keyword Research Tool – The most advanced and valuable platform for managing all aspects of keywords, website, competition and market research developed by affiliate marketers for affiliate marketers.
Community Support and Networking – Getting all the help when you need from the multiple groups within the caring Community and networking with more than 800,000+ members.
How to navigate the Wealthy Affiliate platform?
Here are a simplified steps as a guide to navigate the Wealthy Affiliate platform and start building your affiliate marketing business.
1. Sign up as a Starter Member (free, with no expiry trial period).
2. Write a short biography (one line is sufficient) to introduce yourself to the Wealthy Affiliate Community.
3. Upload a photo (of yourself or any other image) as your identity within the WA Community. You may change it at any time.
4. Set some ‘money’ goals. This step will motivate yourself and naturally lead to more commitment to achieving more.
5. Go to the Training HQ to begin your structured, step-by-step formal Online Entrepreneur Certification (OEC) Level 1.
6. Start building your niche website using the knowledge gained from Step 5.
7. Continue to build your expertise around your chosen niche area and keep abreast of the latest development in the affiliate marketing industry.
8. When you are ready, consider taking up the Premium Membership to take full advantage of the Wealthy Affiliate platform to bring your business to the next level.
What I like about Wealthy Affiliate?
#1 – affordable and cost-effective
The subscription for Premium Members at $49/ month or $495 paid yearly is very affordable considering the full access to all training, tools and support (website, web hosting and keyword research) given.
If you check what is available in the marketplace currently, the price for the website, web hosting and keyword research tool can quickly add up to more than $60/ month. Moreover, if you are paying a yearly subscription, it costs you only about $1.35 per day!
#2 – All-in-one platform with incredible tools and support
This all-in-one business platform provides you with all the essential tools you need as an affiliate marketer:
- Website Builder – with over 2,000 website designs (or ”Themes”) to choose from for Premium Members.
- Web Hosting – fast, secure and reliable state-of-the-art web hosting.
- Jaaxy – the advanced keyword research tool: a tool developed by affiliate marketers for affiliate marketers.
- 24/7 Support – technical and caring community support.
As a Premium Member, you do not need to rely on any other third-party tools or incur any additional costs.
#3 – Efficient support system
The Wealthy Affiliate Support System is on standby to assist you 24/7 in solving your technical problems.
The Site Support team usually responds to your queries within minutes, at most within an hour. To be able to receive this level of support at the price you pay is truly amazing.
#4 – Skills are transferable to other niches
Wealthy Affiliate trains you to build websites around your chosen niche area. The skills you learn in one niche area can be applied to all other niches.
One of the most valuable features of Wealthy Affiliate is you are free to venture into any of your chosen niches after you have gone through the training.
Wealthy Affiliate keeps you up-to-date with the latest development in the industry with information and training.
#5 – Caring and supporting community (the Awesome Community)
When you join the Wealthy Affiliate family, you automatically become a member of the Caring Community.
When you log on daily to the community, you interact with thousands of like-minded people to discuss problems encountered in your affiliate marketing business and to support and motivate each other to achieve tremendous success.
The Wealthy Affiliate Community is truly a caring community you seldom find elsewhere.
What I don’t like about Wealthy Affiliate?
#1 – Require investment of time and effort
Wealthy Affiliate focuses on ”organic (free) traffic” from search engines such as Google. Therefore, it will take much longer than the ”paid traffic”. However, the most significant advantage is that the traffic is free once you have invested time and effort in building your business.
#2 – Program is more tailor to beginners
Although Wealthy Affiliate is more tailored to helping beginners to set up their affiliate marketing business, the more experienced affiliate marketers also benefit from the advanced training.
Furthermore, there are opportunities to interact and collaborate with other members to bring their business to the next higher level.
#3 – Advice from inexperienced members are not so helpful
Sometimes, inexperienced members may provide advice that is not helpful to your queries. We must do our due diligence and take the advice as a reference only.
#4 – Live Chat feature can be a great distraction and time-waster
You need to be careful while spending time in the Live Chat to benefit from it and not let it become a time-waster.
Unsubstantiated claims about Wealthy Affiliate
Here are some of the unsubstantiated claims people have about Wealthy Affiliate:
a) You will not fail
Simply put, it’s untrue that you can build a well-designed website with a revenue-ready store that can bring in money.
Failure is a necessary component of success. Therefore, defining failure is essential if success is to be determined.
Why does that matter? You’ll make money, or are you sure to receive commissions?
b) You can build a website in 30 seconds
Simply put, it’s untrue that you can build a well-designed website with a revenue-ready store that can bring in money.
c) WA is the best affiliate marketing platform
If you must assert a claim such as this, at least create a source that bestows this distinction upon you. This claim gives the impression that WA restricts voting to its affiliates.
What are some of the common praise about Wealthy Affiliate
1. The advice given by WA on affiliate marketing is still current
Most of the videos were produced in 2012 or 2013, but this does not imply that this video training is ineffective because
WA updates its training videos and information often. The information provided is still as relevant today as it was when it was first created (even though it has been updated with new videos).
2. The WA community is the best place to get help/support
While the courses and training in the WA program are where you should spend most of your time and attention, everyone will have questions, require support, and so on.
Therefore, support and help are very crucial to the WA program. There are a few ways to get support, whether through live chat or one of the various support alternatives below.
- You have a live chat available 24/7.
- You have a personal “Ask a question” option to post your question and get quick responses.
- “Site Support” is a professional and quick response technical support service for your website.
- You have a caring and helpful WA community that communicates with you, greets you, and assists you right from the moment you join the WA program.
From my experience, the WA community is my best support partner when I encounter problems. The members, especially the WA Ambassadors, are always there for you, sharing their experiences and pointing you to the right path.
3. You have all the tools you need to succeed
WA provides all the essential tools you need to succeed without additional cost.
A recap of the essential tools you get as a Premium Member.
- Expert support
- Web hosting
- Keyword Research Tool
- Community support and networking
The only item you’ll need to purchase in addition to your membership is a domain name (website name), which costs about $15 per year. Your subscription has already included everything else.
Compared to other programs, the essential tools I mentioned are frequently marketed as separate upsells, so they hit you with more expenses on top of your membership. Quite often, those extra costs may sometimes cost more than your membership!
4. The price of membership is much more affordable compared to other similar programs
The WA membership is far less expensive than the value you receive, such as education, support, a keyword research tool, web hosting, and community support. This is one of the reasons WA has lasted considerably longer than other similar programs.
5. Owners of the program (Kyle and Carson) care for your success
Kyle and Carson are the WA program founders and highly successful marketers.
Kyle is primarily responsible for training members, while Carson is responsible for the program’s technical aspects.
Both of them are actively involved in the community, assisting WA members. I’ve known them since I first joined WA, and my interactions with them have been positive and encouraging.
What distinguishes these men from other programs? Unfortunately, in most programs I’ve encountered, the owners simply forget about you once you join or are not helpful when you ask questions. Not only are you not forgotten at WA, but help is always available from the owners and the WA community.
Wealthy Affiliate Membership and Pricing Plan and Features
Wealthy Affiliate comes with three types of membership, namely the Starter, Premium and Premium+ Membership.
1. Starter Member: Free for life (with limited features)
The free plan comes with the followings.
- Access to Level 1 Training
- 1 Website
- Community Access for 7 days
- Jaaxy Starter
2. Premium Member: $19 for the first month, $49 for subsequent months or $495 paid yearly.
The features available for this plan include the followings.
- 10 websites
- Unlimited support
- Training of all levels
- Website backup and daily backup
- More than 52 expert classes
- Hacking prevention
- 24/7 site support
- SiteRank Analysis Scans – 2000
- Jaaxy Lite
Wealthy Affiliate has offered a $299 yearly Premium Membership deal on its Black Friday Sales around the end of November for the last few years. However, this offer is only for Premium Members.
There is no guarantee this offer will continue. If you are a Premium Member, look out for this offer to lock in your subscription for the following year at $299. I have been on this plan for the last few years.
3. Premium Plus+ Member: $99/month
You get all the features in the Premium Membership and more
- 50 websites
- Unlimited support with priority
- 200+ expert classes
- Advanced Level Hosting Security Suite
- Private help
- SiteRank Analysis Scans – 10,000
- Jaaxy Enterprise
Are there any additional costs?
These are some of the additional costs but they are optional.
1. Custom domain
You may want to consider getting your domain for your niche website that relates to your chosen niche.
Your website as ”myniche.com” looks more professional, and your website will rank better on the search engines. By default, your website will sit on the root domain from Wealthy Affiliate with your URL “myniche.siterubix.com”.
You can purchase a new domain for around $15/ year and host it on Wealthy Affiliate’s platform. I strongly recommend this minimal investment if you are building your online business for the long term.
2. Email Auto-responder
Many affiliates use the email auto-responder to build an email list. Consider getting this tool after you have learned how to drive traffic (visitors) to your website.
The monthly subscription fees vary from $10 to $50, depending on the features and number of subscribers.
Wealthy Affiliate Refund Policy
Unfortunately, there is no refund policy for Wealthy Affiliate. However, there is a ”freemium model” for you to try for free – the Starter Membership. All at no risk, no cost and no expiry date.
Once you have upgraded your membership to Premium Member, if you are not satisfied with the program, you can choose to cancel your monthly subscription at any time. There will be no further charges after the cancellation.
My advice is to get started with the risk-free Starter Membership to explore all the features and benefits of Wealthy Affiliate.
My final verdict of Wealthy Affiliate
These are the reasons why you should consider using the Wealthy Affiliate business platform:
- An established online business platform that continues to evolve and innovate with the affiliate marketing industry.
- It provides all the essential features: education, website, web hosting, keyword research and community support.
- Knowledge, skills and experience gained are transferable to all other niches.
- Efficient business support.
- Cost-effective and affordable.
- The owners of the program care for your success.
- A caring, helpful and supportive community of members.
Final recommendation: Yes, for both beginners and experienced affiliate marketers.
You can endorse me to assist you in exploring the features and benefits of Wealthy Affiliate program by clicking on the link below.START BUILDING MY ONLINE BUSINESS TODAY!
We hope this Wealthy Affiliate Review is helpful to you. Please share it with your friends if you like it. If you have any questions, please leave your comments below.
This review was first published on 12 July 2020 and updated on 10 Jan 2023.