The Wealthy Affiliate and Affilorama are the two largest platform for affiliate marketing training. In this review, I will present the difference between these two platforms for you to make an informed decision as to which one is best for you.
Below please find a quick comparison of these two platforms and my recommendation.[table id=1 /]
Summary of differences and Personal Recommendation
1.Wealthy Affiliate is more affordable than Affilorama.
2. Wealthy Affiliate has more value-added and up-to-date training resources as compared to Affilorama.
3. The support from the professional team at Wealthy Affiliate is much better than Affilorama, especially the 24/7 support. WA caring community members are also more active, supportive and encouraging compared to Affilorama.
4. Wealthy Affiliate Premium Membership has all the essential features (website, web hosting and keyword research) for setting up and running the affiliate marketing business.
5. There are upsell in Affilorama but no upsell in Wealthy Affiliate.
I recommend Wealthy Affiliate over Affilorama for reasons given above.
Comparison of Wealthy Affiliate and Affilorama
Let’s compare Wealthy Affiliate and Affilorama by focusing on the 4 main areas.
Pricing is one of the main consideration when it comes to deciding to invest in a platform for your online affiliate marketing business for long-term as the pricing will directly affect your profit.
Starter/ Basic Membership:
Both the Wealthy Affiliate and Affilorama offer Free Starter/ Basic Membership for you to explore the features and benefits of what the program can offer before committing to investing for a longer-term. The Starter Membership for both programs are completely free, and there is no expiry date (you can keep your membership as long as you wish).
Explore the Starter Membership of Wealthy Affiliate (Free)
Explore the Basic Membership of Affilorama (Free)
Wealthy Affiliate Premium Membership
- $49 per month or $495 per year.
- Promotion: Enjoy the first month of Premium Membership at $19 for the first month if you upgrade from Starter to Premium Membership within 7 days.
Affilorama Premium Membership
- $67/ month per month.
- Promotion: Enjoy the 30-days of Premium Membership at $1 if you upgrade from Basic to Premium Membership within 7 days.
Wealthy Affiliate Free Training
Wealthy Affiliate offers the Level 1 Online Entrepreneur Certification (OEC) as the free training materials consist of 10 lessons course. This course will walk you thru the steps in creating a successful online business that generates revenue.
A summary of the 10 lessons from OEC Level 1, the benefits and learning outcome as follows.
START MY FORMAL TRAINING FOR FREE
Affilorama Free Training
The free training lessons from Affilorama consists of 20+ hours of video training, reading materials and interviews with successful affiliate marketers. It covers the basics you need to know as an affiliate marketer.
The free lessons will cover the following topics.
- Market Research
- Site Building
- Content Creation
- Marketing Ideas
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Affiliate Outsourcing
Join as Basic Member of Affilorama
As you will notice from the above comparison, the free training materials from Affilorama cover a broader area in affiliate marketing. However, do take note that though the materials are free, some of them are outdated.
As for Wealthy Affiliate, the free training is more structured and geared towards building your niche website, and the materials are also more up-to-date and in touch with the latest development in the industry.
As for Premium Training, Wealthy Affiliate Premium offers much more value compared to Affilorama Premium. The Affilorama Premium has only a few more video training than its free training, plus some interviews, and a monthly webinar. Read on to find out more details.
Wealthy Affiliate Premium Training
There are 4 types of training under the Premium Training program:
a) Structured, easy-to-follow, step-by-step formal Training Lessons from Kyle and Carson
- The Online Entrepreneur Certification (OEC) consists of 5 phase (50 lessons) of courses to walk you through the process of creating and growing an online business in affiliate marketing within any niche.
b) Live Training (webinar) conducted weekly by the WA chief trainer, Jay.
- Weekly live training that allows you to engage and communicate with the trainer within the lesson and get help with any questions.
- The training covers current and advanced internet marketing topics.
- Premium members will have full access to all the past webinar topics.
c) Classroom training
Instant access into the 13 Classrooms where you can find many videos and written tutorials in specific areas such as video marketing, content writing, social engagement etc.,
d) Training generated by other Wealthy Affiliate Members
- These are training sessions created by members to share their valuable experience – members helping other members.
- There are thousands of these sessions covering a wide range of topics relevant to affiliate marketing business.
The distinct advantage of Wealthy Affiliate over other similar programs is that there is almost unlimited knowledge that you can gain from this platform where new training materials/ updates are being added every day. The weekly live training helps to keep you up-to-date with the latest development in the business.
Affilorama Premium Training
The Affilorama Premium Membership at $67/ month comes with more advanced training videos, product creation training and Affiliate Bootcamp training.
There are a few upsell of their products such as Path2Passive ($37) and AffiloJetpack ($997).Though there are many video training lessons, take note that some strategies such as backlinks and Private Label Rights (PLR) contents are outdated and they may do more harm than good to your business.
In terms of support, Wealthy Affiliate again has an edge over Affilorama.
The support given by Wealthy Affiliate includes the followings.
- 24/7 Site Support – To help you resolve website problems.
- 24/7 Live Chat – Live help and getting a quick answer.
- Ask a Question – Submit a ”support ticket” to the WA Community for advice on any topic.
- Private Message – request help from other WA members within the WA Community.
- Access to Owners – private message to Kyle and Carson for assistance.
As for Affilorama, the support given are:
- Call support (from Mon – Fri, 5 pm to 1 am EST).
- Email support (usual response time within 24 hours).
- Support from Affilorama community (unlikely you will get an immediate response).
4. Other Resources
There are additional resources you can get from both the Wealthy Affiliate and Affilorama. For Wealthy Affiliate Premium Member, everything within the platform is available are included in the membership whereas for Affilorama, these additional resources come at additional costs (upsell). Read on for the comparison.
The additional resources that you can get as a Starter Member are:
- Website Builder.
- 2 Free websites on SiteRubix domain (you can transfer to your own domain at any time).
- Limited usage (30 searches/day) of Keyword Research tool, Jaxxy
As for Premium Member, the additional resources available to you:
- Web Hosting (up to 10 domains).
- Website Domain Registration.
- Full access to JAAXY, the Advanced Keyword Research Tool.
- Website Comments and Feedback platform.
- Customised Business Email Address.
All the additional resources for Premium Member come with no additional costs, and there is no upsell in Wealthy Affiliate. However, the additional resources from Affilorama area available at a cost (upsell).
Affilorama Premium Membership comes with web hosting up to 15 domains. Other tools and resources available as follow.
a) AffiloTools (free for Premium Members)
This is a collection of tools to help you manage your revenue generation, website analytic, SEO, PPC and social campaigns etc., which include the followings. It’s basically a simple version of Google Analytics with the option to add your Facebook and Twitter details. It’s the main selling point for you to upgrade to Affilorama Premium.
b) Path2Passive ($37)
The ‘Pathway to Passive’ is an all-in-one guide showing you how to build a long-lasting, successful and passive income generating affiliate marketing business.
It is a ‘read me first’ guide for new affiliates giving you a birds-eye-view of the road map for success in affiliate marketing, so you always know what to do, and more importantly, why you need to do it. It saves you time and avoid frustrations, shortens your learning curve and increases your chances of success.
Some essential topics that you will learn from this guide are:
- How to find profitable niches and products.
- How to attract the right people.
- How to convert your visitors into buyers.
- How to create contents that attract links.
- and many more.
c) AffiloJetpack ($997)
AffiloJetpack targets those who do not have time to go thru the hundreds of hours of video training course materials. It provides you with a ‘done-for-you’ system where you only need to put in 20% of the effort to start your online affiliate marketing business.
It is also highly-priced at $997. In addition to the package, you still need to subscribe to the domain (about $15/ year) and an auto-responder system (about $20/month).
Recap of comparison of main areas between Wealthy Affiliate and Affilorama
Both the Wealthy Affiliate and Affilorama are legitimate affiliate marketing training platform. Let us recap and compare the differences in the four main areas between them.
In general, we found that Wealthy Affiliate offers better value for money, especially for beginners. The Premium Membership provides you with all the essential features you need without additional costs, and there is no upsell.
Both of them focus on affiliate marketing training. However, their approach and style are quite different, and you have to decide for yourself which one better suit you.
Wealthy Affiliate equips you with the necessary skills and points you to the direction to achieving your goals. Affilorama, on the other hand, teaches you how to create niche websites without much guidance towards achieving your targets.
In terms of training, Wealthy Affiliate has more innovative and comprehensive training programs. Fresh ideas and updated contents are added almost every day. As for Affilorama, some of its strategies in its training programs such as backlink and PLR are outdated.
When it comes to support, Wealthy Affiliate has the edge over Affilorama with a convenient support system that is available 24/7, and the caring community provides encouragement and help to all their members.
4. Other Resources
As a Premium member, Wealthy Affiliate provides you with the additional resources that you need for your business at no extra costs. The actionable training programs supported by its innovative tools and state-of-the-art web hosting services make the program very attractive.
My Final Recommendation
Based on the above, it is clear that Wealthy Affiliate is more innovative with constant improvement and stay relevant with time in affiliate marketing. The Premium Membership is value-for-money where you have access to all the training, tools and supports you need for your affiliate marketing business success without additional costs.
Final recommendation: Go for Wealthy Affiliate.GO FOR THE STARTER MEMBER OF WEALTHY AFFILIATE